Pokemón generation 8
New region: Galar
There will be a whole new adventure in the new region Galar, with brand new Pokémon and companions.
Galar is a very big region with different environments, from the laid back countryside to big cities and snow covered mountains. The map certainly looks impressive.
Humans and Pokémon in this region has cooperated to industrialize the region, so perhaps we can expect manufactured metal Pokemón?
New gen 8 starter Pokemón
There will be 3 new starter Pokémon, Grookey, a grass type Pokemón. Grookey looks like some kind of monkey, probably a chimpanzee, which kind of reminds us of Chimchar from gen 4.
Next up is Scorbunny, which like the name suggests is a some kind of bunny, and is Galar's fire type start Pokemón. The question remains what the heck happened to Scorbunnys nasal bone!?
Last but not least is the GHOST type starter Pokemón!!
Nah, we are kidding, it's a water type, and it's called Sobble. Sobble looks kinda dragon/lizard:ish so the last evolve could be some kind of water/dragon type? Let's hope so.
Pokemón gen 8 confirmed non-starters
Last updated 2019-09-29
First off, Corviknight a Flying/Steel Raven lookalike Pokémon. Looks awsome!
A Fairy type Pokémon, Alcremie will be joining us for a good ol' creamy time.
Then we have Drednaw a Water/Rock type that looks like just another Rock type, tbh.
Another rock type; Rolycoly has this evil look in it's one eye. We bet the evolutions are gonna be great.
Goddamnit a Jumpluff lookalike, of all things :< Here is Eldegoss a Grass Pokémon, that supposedly has something to do with cotton.
Gossifleur looks like a flying flower. A Grass Pokémon, obviously.
Duraludon is a Steel/Dragon type, which hopefully will turn into something cool.
Here's a localized version of a classic Pokémon, much like the Aloan version we saw in the previous generation. This guy is Obstagoon and evolves from Galarian Linoone.
Galarian Weezing, another example of localized versions of classic Pokémon. Unclear if there is a Koffing version aswell.
A straightforward Water/Flying type Pokémon, Cramorant
Impidimp sounds promising, supposedly a Dark/Psychic Pokémon who looks like he is up to no good. Plus, the evolve might very well be some kind of hell-spawn. (or not)
Morpeko looks interesting, introducing a new kind of concept; A Pokémon that switches type whether if it's hungry or not. Cool!
Awesome! It looks like good ol' Farfetch'd is getting an evolve, Sirfetch'd which supposedly, is a Fighting type of Pokémon. It's wielding the leek like a spear, and using the garnish as shield. Hilarious :D
Is Wooloo giving Mareep a run for its money in wool production? -Yes, and that's about it, we reckon. Normal type Pokémon.
A tea type Pokémon? Really? Polteageist sure looks like it. But, it's a ghost. In a teapot.
Right, so Yamper is joining Pokémon like Jolteon and Electrike in the "electric doggie" team. Hopefully it will evolve to a giant electric/dark Werewolf or something.
Gen 8 Legendary Pokémon
The game will be called Shord and Shield. Well here is the sword, and the shield. Meh. But yes, these are generation 8 legendary Pokémon.
This pooch wielding a sword from its mouth is one of the legendaries. Oh boy. Apparently, it "attacks so gracefully that its movements can even captivate its opponents."
If we can have a wild guess, this doggie is the formers arch enemy. So where Zacian has its "awsome" swordmanship, this one has a shield like armor that "can turn back any attack." (That Zacian is throwing?). Oh boy.
Pokemón gen 8 release date
Clearly, we cannot give you an exact release date yet, but gen8 will definitely premier in the new Pokémon game Pokémon Sword & Shield.
This game will be released Q4 2019, probably before cristmas. :)
Pokemón gen 8 unconfirmed Pokémon.
These have been floating around the web for quite some time. NOT confirmed, chances are that they are fake. But nonetheless, pretty cool. I mean, way cooler than Zacian and Zamazenta anyway.
Noctowl evolve gen8
The farily worthless Pokémon Noctowl seems to be gettig a well-deserved evolution in gen8
Ledian evolve gen8
Ledian, which evolves from Ledyba from gen2 is getting some love in gen8. (Ledian evolution)
Wobbuffet evolve gen8
Wobbuffet, Team Rockets greatest asset(?) is getting an evolve in gen8. Wobbuffett evolution = Psychic/Fighting, cool!
Girafarig evolve gen8
Girafarig, that BS giraff, seems to get two different powerful evolves... Girafarig evolution ftw.
Ariados evolve gen8
Ariados, another worthless Pokemon from gen2 is getting buffed for gen8
Lanturn evolve gen8
Lanturn is pretty cool with it's water/electric combo, but it's too weak. With this Lanturn evolution, perhaps now it will shine(!?)
Flaafy evolve gen8
Flaafy, the evolve of Mareep, seems to be getting branched evolution. That blam ram seems pretty nast if you ask us.
Sunflora evolve gen 8
Sunflora is the evolution of Sunkern from gen2. Sunflora, like many other Pokemon is basicly a Pokédex filler. Perhaps not it will come to full bloom(!?)
Sudowoodo evolve gen8
Sudowoodo seems to get a branched evolve for gen 8. But WTH does "have a Tyrogue in party" mean? :|
Dunsparce evolve gen 8
Dunsparce grows wings in gen 8.....
Dunsparce second evolution gen 8
...and then seems to be growing into a DRAGON, no less! Not a bad evolution, Dunsparce!
Granbull evolution gen 8
Granbull evolves to an even bigger and badder doggie in gen 8.
Baby Delibird evolution gen 8
Look at that cute Delibird baby Pokémon
Shuckle evolution gen 8
Shuckle seems to be evolving to a nasty Bug/Steel Pokémon in generation 8. Shuckle evolution, yay :D
Mantine generation 8
Mantine, another Pokédex filler, evolves to a Eletric/Water Pokémon in gen 8.
Heracross generation 8
Heracross gets fat in generation 8. Let's hope it can still kick ass. (Heracross evolution)
Baby Sneasel gen8
A baby version of the sneaky Sneasel will pop out of eggs in gen8.
Pokemon gen 8
Confirmed generation 8 facts:
- There will be localized versions of classic Pokémon, much like what we saw in Aloa. Obstagoon is a example of this, evolves from the Galarian version of Linoone.
- There will also be a Galarian Weezing which has an interesting Poison/Fairy combo.
- A new type of mechanic, Pokémon that can switch type for an example Morpeko which switches from Electric to Dark type when it's hungry.
- Cramorant a no-fuss Water/Flying Pokémon.
- Farfetch’d from generation 1 is getting a gen 8 evolve, Sirfetch’d, a fighting type.
- New generation 8 grass type Pokemón: Grookey.
- New gen8 fire type Pokemón: Scorbunny.
- New gen 8 water type Pokemón: Sobble.
- New Flying/Steel type Pokemón: Corviknight.
- New Rock/Water type Pokemón: Drednaw.
- Two new Grass type Pokemón: Eldegoss and Gossifleur.
- A limp imp, Impidimp. Psychic/Dark.
- A ghost type, Polteageist.
- New Normal type Pokemón: Wooloo.
- Yet another Electric doggie-dog, Yamper
- A Fairy type Pokémon, this time a desert called Alcremie
- Rolycoly, a Rock type Pokémon that looks promising.
- A new Steel/Dragon type, Duraludon.
- Two new legendary dogs. The Sword, Zacian and the shield, Zamazenta.
- The new region is called Galar.
Unconfirmed generation 8 "facts":
- Noctowl branches out to normal/flying type and a dark/flying type Pokémon.
- Ledian evolves to a stronger bug/flying type Pokémon.
- Wobbuffet evolves to a Psychic/Fighting type.
- Girafarig, gets branched evolutions normal/ghost type and normal/psychic.
- Ariados get a stronger bug type evolution.
- Lanturn evolves to a stronger water/eletric type.
- Flaafy gets a branched evolution, perhaps to electric/dark type.
- Sunflora evolves to a grass/fairy type Pokémon.
- Sudowoodo seems to get a branched evolutions, rock and rock/fighting types.
- Dunsparce evolves in two steps, first normal/flying type then dragon/flying type.
- Granbull evolves to a Fairy/Fighting type.
- A baby Delibird will appear.
- Shuckle evolves to a bug/steel Pokemon.
- Mantine evolves to a water/electric Pokemon.
- Heracross get a stronger version in generation 8. Bug/fighting type.
- A Dark type baby version of Sneasel.
That's it for now, keep checking in here for new information regarding gen8. If you like this site, please link to us from social media, blogs, and forums. That really helps! Thanks!!
Don't forget to check out our Pokémon GO evolution guide
What do you expect from the next generation of Pokémon?