Marvel Legendary: Annihilation
The next expansion in line for the every growing Marvel Legendary will be Annihiliation. It will be released Summer 2021.
Posted December 28, 2020 by Jay Kay
- Designer(s): Devin Low
Update July 15 This expansion was supposed to be released in January but has been delayed until some time this summer. Uppder deck has confirmed that it will indeed be released summer 2021.
The next expansion in line for the every growing Marvel Legendary will be Annihiliation. It will be a small expansion with 100 cards, which probably means 5 heroes and 2 masterminds, along with some schemes. Here are our speculations:
- Psi-Lord (confirmed)
- Heralds of Galactus as a group, including Silver Surfer, Stardust and Firelord. (confirmed)
- Fantastic 4 as a group (confirmed)
- Brainstorm (confirmed)
- Finally a Galactus Hero? :)
The first three are hinted in the description. If this is the case, this will be some heavy hitters in the expansion.
- Annihilus (confirmed)
- Annihilation Wave (confirmed)
Some villains related to Maker would be our guess.
- Focus (returning)
- Conqueror (returning)
- Man out of Time (returning)
- Momentum/Mass Momentum. This keyword let the heroes/villains gain attack if they moved city spaces in a turn. Mass Momentum is for Annihilus and gives a bonus for every villain the advances through the city in the turn.
Here is the description from the publisher by the way;
A dark new threat has arrived with this Legendary expansion. Annihilus, Lord of the Negative Zone has declared war on anyone who crosses his path, causing heroes and villains to band together against this total annihilation. In defense of the universe, you might see former foes such as Fantastic Four team up with Galactus and his Heralds! It’s time for all to stand side by side against the incoming wave of destruction - stand together, or fall apart.
This expansion has not been released, but according to Upper Deck, it WILL be released summer 2021. You can preorder it at Gamenerdz for just 19 bucks.
Return to News