Last updated 2019-03-08
Release day: March 5th!
- NOT related to the recent Venom movie. (You know the sucky one with Tom Hardy)
- Small expansion with 100 cards.
- 5 new heroes, Carnage, Venom Rocket (Racoon), Venom, Venompool, and Venomized Dr. Strange.
- 2 masterminds, one of them Poison Thanos and Hybrid. Both with EPIC versions.
- 2 new villian groups;
- Life foundations (Agony, Dr. Carlton Drake, Lasher x2, Phage, Riot x2, Scream)
- Poisons.(Poison Captain America, Poison Dr. Octopus, Poison Hulk, Poison Sabretooth, Poison Scarlet Witch, Poison Spider-Man, Poison Storm, Symbiotic Armor)
- 4 new schemes.
- Return of the Excessive Violence keyword.
- 3 new keywords confirmed, to start; Digest and Indigestion. They each others oposites, and looks like this:
Digest 8: <Do something>.
Indigestion: <Do something else>.
What this means is, "If you have 8 cards in your vicotry pile, <do something>. Indigestion in this case would be; If you don't have 8 cards in your victory pile <do something else>.
This is supposed to be a metaphor for the Symbiotes hunger, and if there is plenty of food (In your victory pile), the Symbiote is happy, if not, he/she gets Indigestion, which may lead to bad stuff.. OR good depening on how you look at it.
- The Poison Bad guys get Symbiotic Bounds, which enables them to combine attack power with another villian.
The Symbiote Bonds mechanic is used morew dramatically with the Life Foundation villians;
- Symbiote villains may say "Ambush: Reveal the top card of the Villain Deck. If it’s a villain, it Symbiote Bonds with Riot”
- This means stack this card onto the specified villain, combining them into a single villain with combined attack.
- To fight a combined villain, you must spend the total attack of both villain cards combined.
Then put either one of the villain cards from the combined villain into your victory pile and do that card’s fight effect. The other card from the combined villain stays in that city space, and you don’t do its fight effect.
Some new artwork gives us some clues on new heroes/villians. These two looks like Dr Strange and Rocket Racoon, in venomized versions. These are now confirmed.
This expansion should be out in the stores by now, and you can pick it right here!
Our favourite Marvel: Legendary expansions so far:
This one is the very first expansion you should get. Introduces a ton of new mechanics, heroes (Cable, Blade, Elektra, Punisher and so on.) and villians, like Apocalypse and Kingpin. Unfortunatly, it's out of print at the moment, and if you come across it somehwere, get it!
This one takes place on "Planet Hulk", obviously starring more Hulk characters, which is always good, and villians like The Red King and The Sentry. Also introduces a couple of new mechanics.
The secret war expansions or thematicly not for everybody, but they sure brings ALOT of cool characters, villians, schemes, bystanders, masterminds etc to the mix. Who doens't want to wreak havoc with The Captain and the Devil or Black Panther? Who doesn't want to defeat the Spider Queen? We challenge you to defeat Zombie Green Goblin with a decent scheme. Good luck.
Considered to be one of the weakest expansions, but we love spidey, so we love this expansion. Also, you'll get a Carnage mastermind, which is hella-nasty.